Postpartum Depression Therapy
Book Your Postpartum Therapy Appointment with Natalie Stainback
What is Postpartum Depression Therapy?
Postpartum depression is a very real, severe form of clinical depression that is related to pregnancy and childbirth.
Postpartum depression therapy is helpful for new mothers who are struggling after birth. Depression and anxiety are common, and I am experienced in the steps to take in order to help you feel better.
Postpartum Depression Therapy in Charlotte, NC
I work with you by first identifying thoughts and behaviors that are harmful to your mental wellbeing and then changing them. By understanding how you behave in your relationships, you can better see how to work through problems.
Each person is different so therapy is personalized. In our sessions, you can talk confidentially about your feelings, your beliefs, your behavior, your life now, and your history. Some questions we might explore include:
- How do you connect with your new baby?
- Do you think you are falling short when compared with other new mothers?
- What, if anything, are you doing that keeps you feeling down?
- Are you finding that it is difficult to adjust to your new life?
- Are there aspects of your past, your family, and your partner that are important in your feelings now?
Postpartum Depression Therapy Can Help With:
- PPD or postpartum depression
- Struggling with a first pregnancy
- Unable to get out of bed
- Unable to bond with your newborn
- Feeling overwhelmed or nervous